The Needham Historical Society was incorporated in 1915, soon after the Town's very successful 200th Anniversary Celebration in 1911. In 1949 the Society acquired the Kingsbury-Whitaker House, which houses our current exhibits and meeting rooms. We are a member of the Bay State Historical League, which fosters the sharing of programs and information.
The Society is interested in procuring artifacts, documents and other items of historical interest. As a non-profit chartered organization all gifts are tax deductible. These contributions, along with membership dues, helps the society meet its goal of offering public programs, museum displays, research, and cooperation with schools and youth programs. To these ends the Society works to:
Conserve: We welcome and care for artifacts and documents from the Town, as well as the region.
Document: We will research, document, and share on the Town's historical buildings, lands, events, and people.
Present: We offer Town history through a program of exhibits, lectures, publications, and special events. We will share the Society's programs with interested citizens, civic, cultural, and educational groups.
Invite: The Society extends an invitation to all citizens to attend its functions. We encourage you to join the other members of the Society and become involved by serving on committees and holding office.
|The Kingsbury-Whitaker House Needham Historical Society Headquarters|
Our members receive the Society's newsletter, the annual program of announcements, and free admission to most programs.