The Needham Recycling and Transfer Station (RTS), more
popularly referred to as the "Town Dump" is a great
place to hang out, meet some local friends, and maybe even
recycle some household items.
The dump currently accepts the following recyclables:
craft paper and shopping bags
clear, green and brown glass, food and beverage
aluminum food and beverage containers
milk cartons and juice boxes
plastic food and beverage containers
- Other recyclables (collected periodically)
paint - see the associated page for schedule
household items and hazardous waste
lawn waste (leaves/clippings) and Christmas trees
- Commercial waste ($85.00 per ton)
- Large bulky items ($5.00 each).
Includes, but not limited to items such as rugs, couches,
stuffed chairs, cabinets, large plastic toys, end tables,
coffee tables, dressers, mattresses, etc.
- Small bulky items (no charge with valid
RTS sticker). Deposit into trash containers, includes
items sucha s small chairs, brooms, small quantities of
wood, lamps, dishes, pots and pans, suitcases, etc.
- Household appliances ($15 per appliance)
- Tires ($3 per car tire, $6 per truck
tire, $10 per tractor tire)
Prohibited materials include:
- tree stumps, junk cars and engines, automotive batteries,
explosives, hazardous waste and food waste
For more information, please contact the Department of Public
Works at (781) 455-7534.